Saturday, August 2, 2008

Official Training Begins

Today is Day One of my official half-marathon training. I walk 2 miles almost everyday, but today I started a training program called Couch to 5K and am happy to say I completed my first day without cardiac arrest! Basically after starting with about a 5 minute brisk warm up walk, you alternate jogging for 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds and I did it!!! Whoo hoo! I know that my daughter-in-law is going to be so proud of me, especially when we cross the finish line together at the half in February! If the plan works, I should be trained for a 5K in just 2 months and then begin the training in October for the half-marathon. I'm really very excited and motivated about this.

For anyone interested in this training plan, you can go to www.coolrunning.com and select the Couch-to-5K Running Plan. Have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to attend the Saturday morning session of the LPL Simulcast. Beth Moore really brought a word last night and I can't wait to get back this morning for more great worship and teaching.

No comments: