Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Take the Shackles Off My Feet

I just felt like breaking into that song as I clocked out and left work today. I know you can picture me doing that! The last, most final day of open enrollment . . . ending with no disappointment late into the afternoon as I worked with 1 person in my office, 2 waiting in the hall and several phone calls in between as we resolved that open enrollment deadline issue.

Even though it totally tires me out, it is so rewarding to be able to get people in under the wire. They are happy and grateful and I can smile through it all since I know that it is the last day of that particular pressure. The adrenaline was really flowing as I drove home.

Hopefully now I can muster up the energy to get back into that half-marathon training. The last few weeks have been a real struggle and I've been doing that nasty food-grazing thing again.

I feel another new beginning in the air! The race is on!

2 comments:

Sharron said...

You can do it. NOw that the shackles are off.....forge ahead girl.

I have every confidence that you will be right in there with Addie in February and will finish strong.
Glad you tough time is over for now!

You are providing a service to the employees and that is a good thing. I am sure they are very grateful to get in under that wire! You offer security and stability to them in what you can give them and more and more that is what folks are looking for....and with that smile, I am sure they are feelin real good right now!

Cindy said...

Hi Dianne,
I am a friend of Desma's (met you at the wedding.) I am really enjoying your blog and can't wait to hear how the half marathon goes!